Wednesday, January 30, 2013

You are my Caramel Custard

I sometimes have the urge to take a bite off D just because he smells of caramel custard. :) Which reminds me I haven't had caramel custard in a long long time. I am adding this recipe here so that soon I can venture out to get the supplies and well, it is nice to have a recipe in place.

So there,

You will need 3 eggs, half a liter of milk, one tin of condensed milk, 1/4 cup of sugar to caramelize. That's all you want really.

  • Beat the eggs into submission, Nigella Lawson style. 
  • Add the tin of condensed milk and mix it well. 
  • Lick the tin clean, make sure you don't cut your finger, tongue etc on the sharp tin edges.
  • Melt the sugar in a pan till it turns light brown. 
  • Pour the sugar caramel to the bottom of the pudding container. 
  • Mix the milk to the egg-condensed milk mixture and pour it over the caramel. 
  • Double boil for 20-25 minutes.  
  • Once it is cooked, bring it to room temperature and turn it out of the mold to reveal the caramelized top layer. 
  • Marvel at the masterpiece for two minutes.  
  • Refrigerate the pudding for two hours. 
  • Eat it like nobody's looking.  

Oh my god, my boy is going to love me! 



No comments: